Friday, June 8, 2012

Shaking a bottle of green tea


You might wonder why I’m shaking a bottle of green tea.



It’s because this is the way how to drink this bottle.  I found this unique beverage on my Sizuoka trip.  



When I found it on the shelf, it looked like this; the inside of the bottle is clear with no color, and it has a bigger cap than ordinary bottles.  It is just cold mineral water and it has powered tea leaves in the cap.  The tea is not matcha, but deep-steamed sencha.  To prepare the tea, you release the leaves into the water by twisting the green cap.  Then, you shake the bottle like what I did in the first photo.  The tea is mixed and gets green like the following picture.  Now, it is ready for you to drink!



Isn’t this interesting?    

Even though I was disappointed finding the tea a little rough with a weak flavor, I think that the concept is excellent.  You can have fresh prepared tea anytime, and plus you can enjoy preparing.  I like the playful idea.   It might need a slight improvement, but in the future, this could be one of standards of bottled tea.  Do you see the potential?


5 comments:

  1. very neat! it would prevent the tea from becoming bitter, loosing anti-oxidants, and being damaged by sunlight. it would be neat if it were a reusable container you could put your own tea in, to enjoy cold anytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a great idea! How nice reusing the bottle with your own tea!
      Speaking of which, I have seen a product that makes your idea come true. It is a filter to attach on the opening of the bottle. Pictures >> http://news.walkerplus.com/2011/0113/13/

      Delete
  2. Once I had the idea for a battery operated hot water heater. I think the biggest problem with portable tea is the hot water. Transporting cup and tea leaves is easy, but maybe not always easy to find hot water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Finding hot water is usually difficult. The battery operated heater is a good idea! I have seen a heater for a meal package for army, which heat up by mixing some kind of chemical and water. It could be another option.

      Delete
  3. Nice to be visiting your blog once more, it has been months for me. Well this article that ive been waited for therefore long. i want this article to finish my assignment within the faculty, and it has same topic together with your article. Thanks, nice share.
    valve manufacturer

    ReplyDelete