Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kaga-bocha



When I opened the package of Kaga-bocha (roasted twig tea), bright roasted aroma amused my sense.  It is never like a burnt odor, and it is pleasant and brilliant like Chinese tea.  The appearance is also bright.  The hue is beige, which is more whitish than dark brown from the common hojicha (roasted tea) sold in my area.

 

I have prepared the tea by following the instruction on the package. 
Tea: 3g
Boiling water: 130ml (4.6oz)
Brewing time: 20sec


 
The brewed tea has a clear golden color.  And its aroma got more profound than the leaves.  The flavor is creamy and sweet.  It also has a slight distinctive flavor behind which I don’t find in common hojicha.  I can’t tell what the flavor is, but I assume it is a greenish flavor like sencha.  Anyway, every time I sip, the air that rises to my nose brings a rich aroma.  The refined flavor smoothly glides on my tongue to the back by leaving a mild long trace.

I pretty much like this tea.  I think that I want to enjoy this tea with a nice cuisine.  It must be great! 



6 comments:

  1. Hi, sounds delicious! Did you also try this tea cold? I heard in Kanazawa they serve it cold and it's supposed to be delicious. Would you brew it hot and let it cool down, or brew it cold for a long time?
    Thank you in advance! Great blog, keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mojca-san, Unfortunately, I have not tried it in cold. It must be fantastic as you say. If I have a chance to get it next time, I’m going to try it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with kagabocha when I first tried it in Kyoto (although it is a Kanazawa tea^^). I might have a taste for tea which is quite different from most people, since my favourite is the "plain" houjicha^^ But kagabocha gave me much of the same feeling when I first drank it: I could not get enough of it! I'm looking forward to going back to Japan to drink more of it^^
    By the way, I love your blog! Because I truly, deeply love TEA ^^
    これからよろしくお願いします ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the excellent mindset, nonetheless is just not help to make every sence whatsoever preaching about that mather. Virtually any method many thanks in addition to i had endeavor to promote your own article in to delicius nevertheless it is apparently a dilemma using your information sites can you please recheck the idea. thanks once more.
    valves manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  5. After study many of the web sites for your internet site now, i really appreciate your strategy for blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon. Pls have a look at my web-site too and figure out what you consider. grossiste

    ReplyDelete