Saturday, May 14, 2011

A perfect getaway

Konnichiwa, it’s meヽ(^。^)ノ Shogetsu is one of the best ryokan, Japanese hotel, I have stayed. I love their well-designed interior as well. Today I want to show you some pictures of them.



Facade





The hallway to the entrance





The entrance



The court garden and small inner garden at their lobby





They have a cozy lounge next to the lobby with some books and magazines for the guests. You can also have free coffee there.





Many ryokan usually have a public bath and you can enjoy hot spring. Have you been to Japanese public bath? They usually have the changing room next to the bath where you take off your clothes. I thought you might want to see the bath and changing room, so I took my camera to the bath with me. When the door of the elevator opened at the floor of the public bath, I was kind of shocked with the view I saw there. An unusual and distinctive world was created at the floor.



Wanna see it?



Here

↓↓↓





↓↓↓





↓↓↓

Wow! I saw a fantastic entrance of the bath over a dark bamboo grove. The changing and bath rooms were quite usual but they were still nice.



Here is the changing room.

↓↓↓





This is the bath room which was tastefully designed. I liked it pretty much. You can view the scenery of Gero city.





We were in for another surprise. The dinner was served at the restaurant in the hotel. Again, when the elevator door opened, I’m lost for words. There was another world there.



Here

↓↓↓





↓↓↓



This is inside of the building. It looked like a small garden with some huts. It was not a large space but it looked like outside. They’ve decorated the floor with trees, rocks and ponds. I think mild lights from the lanterns and paper-screened door helped to create a good ambiance. We went through the garden and were led to an entrance for one of the huts. Each party can enjoy their dinner on their own private space. I really enjoyed their elaborately designed interior.







This is the guest room where we stayed. It had a wide window facing the city. So for those of you who would like to stay in a place that gives you a feeling of home away from home then I highly recommend this place. Jah!

2 comments:

  1. Kohei-san, Konnichiwa !
    Subarashii desu !

    What a chance you had to spend a little time in such a place !

    And what about 2011 shincha you have tested ? What have you tested ? Kagoshima ? Shizuoka ? Is there any fear about tea and radiations among people you meet concerned about japanese tea ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arigato, lionel-san, I have tasted three shincha which were sencha all from Kagoshima. I liked them pretty much. I’m not worried about the radiational effects on Japanese tea ^^. I’ll write about it on the next entry.

    ReplyDelete