Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Get to know Japanese tea by starting with the four types


If you want to know what Japanese tea is like, try the four types that I recommend here. There are 13 types of Japanese tea. Some of you might wonder which one is good or what you should have first. Here is the answer for you ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆


1. Sencha (The most common green tea) or Fukamushi-sencha (Deep-steamed sencha)
These are the basic of Japanese tea. You can’t talk about Japanese tea without knowing sencha. They are the most popular and common green tea in Japan. These teas have great harmony of bitterness and umami, which is the best charm of Japanese tea. You can enjoy sencha any time, and sencha can be your main tea among these four.

sencha

fukamushi-sencha



2. Matcha (Powdered tea)

This is the tea used in tea ceremonies or sado (The Way of Tea). It is enjoyed less frequently than sencha, but sado has a big aspect in Japanese tea culture. A lot of other Japanese culture have been influenced by sado, as well. Now matcha flavored foods and beverages are popular, such as matcha latte and matcha cake. Matcha is very thick and rich in flavor. I strongly recommend the fine-quality one. Low quality one has strong bitterness, and the fine ones don’t. You can enjoy it at your home party or for any special occasions.




3. Hojicha (Roasted green tea) or Genmaicha (Brown rice tea)

These are the tea for people. They are reasonable and enjoyed casually. It is usually prepared with plenty of water. The taste is not that strong so they can be enjoyed with meals and snacks. If you have one in your tea selections, it will be the most useful tea.

hojicha

genmaicha



4. Kabusecha (Covered tea) or Gyokuro (Premium green tea)

These teas have rich umami, which is the distinctive flavor found in Japanese tea. They are good when you want to enjoy something different. You will appreciate them at premium tea time or when you want to relish fine tea at your personal time. I recommend preparing these teas in small servings, so that the taste of these teas will be concentrated.

kabusecha
.
gyokuro



What do you think? Don’t you feel like starting Japanese tea? I’m sure that your tea life will be much abundant by having these four types in your selection.

34 comments:

  1. It's informative, thank you!
    But, what is tencha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Konnichiwa, Tsukimi-san,

    Tencha is the ingredient of Matcha. Matcha is made by milling tencha. So, you don’t usually find tencha sold at tea shops. They are usually sold in matcha form.

    I have visited a tencha factry. >>>
    http://everyonestea.blogspot.com/2010/07/tencha-tea-factory.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nice about types of tea. I have seen only Apple passbook 2 type like Green and Black. Now i am know about many types and its advantages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple passbook, you are right i think before i had seen only black and green tea, after overlook this post i have seen there are some of other tea are available. i have had used the green tea from TeaNaga science few months, and i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Thanks…Li-ion battery article

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! What is Inbound Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my personal opinion you have really won the heart of the people, I really love that… Sasa

    ReplyDelete
  8. KEEP IT UP! When i get pleasure from your blog the a interesting and it bring in some other parents to learn this web site. christian addiction recovery centers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post helps me to complete my assignment writing projects of university. fridge repairs perth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I can easily complete my article. I felt very happy while reading this site. job posting services

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Article!! Extremely exciting topic can book mark your site to evaluate in the event you produce additional regarding later on. dentist abroad

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post.! Ghana Sports News

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have stored your blog. Thanks for the useful period. i get new information, new ideas to do somethings, i hope you will share again, i keep waiting for next post. HOME RENOVATIONS Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eggs with the writers Robin Amos Kahn and Gary Richards and director Matthew Penn to discuss the upcoming production,limo Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  15. Recently my confess backer in the like lane i infantryman your provision. What a impressive url bright liquor.AAA Tree Service NY Stump Removal

    ReplyDelete
  16. The exceedingly propitious by vile of in request to fervent the concrete computer associated along job promoting. Retain pertaining to tell this share.schwimmbad-ueberdachungen.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all your ideas! I linked up a few of mine from last year. e-learning portal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best high quality details going to let the teller that no violation Mackie’s is doing was prepared nowadays and it's that ps3 I know it sounds like a bit saying but is we're not going to technique you into buying journal we only want individuals like June enthusiastic about the training nutrition and want to.glyphicon

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing.charter yacht miami

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while.vendor management software

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am just pretty happy to sign up ones own guestbook these days,Your own feedback and listed below are excellent in my opinion,incidentally I should say also definitely will teach some great supplements for your needs every.southwestern rugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for writing all of the excellent information!Wines

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blessed I am that I am reading this blessed document these days. I really assumed that the very best of the articles stopped arriving. However immediately after looking over this, my belief rises again!limo service LGA to CT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Into the month of May there will be available HP Board 12th Result 2018 for the current session Annual March Examination.Till the Official declaration students are able to collect most of the interesting facts with here about

    ReplyDelete
  25. To have a greater exposure to your facebook account, People expend dollars to Buy Facebook Followers to very easily get exposure on world wide web. boost fb followers

    ReplyDelete
  26. Which of these four types of tea do y’all think could be served iced? I remember visiting some establishment in Kyoto once. It was August, and bloody hot. This little place was serving chilled tea (no ice) in mini restaurant water glasses. It was delicious. I think it may have been genmaicha

    ReplyDelete
  27. These competitors includes lot many competitions that are held on normal basis or occasionally and also to gain them you have to rack up highest facebook suches as on your ID. buy facebook usa likes

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The post is very nice. I just shared on my Facebook Account.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for sharing your passion regarding Japanese Tea. Your blog is wonderful and very helpful. Recently I hv been trying the 4 x Japanese Teas that you mention in this post. All the Teas are very delicious and enjoyable. I hv been making 3 of the Tea types using a Tokoname Kyusu. Wishing you a lovely day Kohei-San ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Positive site, where did u think of the data on this posting? I'm satisfied I found it however, sick be inquiring soon to discover what extra posts you incorporate.
    Rent a Prado in Islamabad

    ReplyDelete
  32. thank you for your article, i really need to know more about teas....

    ReplyDelete