Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gyokuro prepared with 80degC water

Yesterday, I prepared gyokuro like sencha brewing. But it didn’t have much bitterness and it was too mellow. I didn’t like it very much. So I tried it again with higher temperature of water and shorter brewing time.

** Today’s condition **
Tea: Gyokuro 2g
Water: 80degC, 50ml
Brewing time: 90sec



Today’s tea got better. It had cross between good umami and bitterness and tasted like kabusecha (^-^) I think the higher temperature of water worked fine. I think it’s fun to explore tea.

My online-shop, Everyone’s Tea is closing between Dec.29 to Jan.5 for the winter holidays. Shipping for orders and replies to any inquiries during this period will be delayed until Jan. 6. We are sorry for any inconvenience. I’ll also take a break from posting new blog during the period. Thank you for reading my blog, see you in the next year! Have a great new year!!

4 comments: