Thursday, October 14, 2010

Akafuku at Okage-yokocho

There are many shops at Okage-yokocho in Ise as I told you on the last post. Ise is a coastal city, so they are abundant in seafood. There are some shops grilling or deep fring some seafood with nice smell at the front of the store. We had some grilled oysters and sea urchin. I don’t like oysters much but Hiro loves them.




At Okage-yokocho, there are some Akafuku stores. Akafuku is a popular confectionery store originally from Ise. I have introduced about Matsuzakaya-Nagoya branch before on my blog. >>> http://everyonestea.blogspot.com/2010/04/akafuku-cafe.html We stopped by the main store of Akafuku for tea. We had Akafuku-mochi at the cafe and the tea served with it was hojicha. Hojicha is roasted tea.


They are actually roasting the tea with their own tea roaster at the store. Hojicha is usually roasted at tea stores. This is very unique for a café to have its own tea roaster. You can smell the nice roasted aroma at the store and I think the aroma stimulates your appetite.



You will find a small room at the store which Akafuku-mochi is made. Two ladies were actually making it in the room when we visited.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful ! Still great with you to get all that things from Japan !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, fortunato-san,

    Thanks, I'm glad that you visited my blog again(^-^)

    ReplyDelete