Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hojicha latte at Starbucks

About a couple month ago, I saw a signboard of hojicha latte when I walked by a Starbucks. Hojicha is Japanese roasted tea. You can find matcha latte at many places in Japan, but I’ve never seen hojicha latte before. Since then I’ve been curious about the mysterious drink. And we finally had a chance to try it this weekend.



The hojicha latte had foam on the top, and I could see a teabag in it. When I brought the cup to my mouth, I smelled a nice hojicha aroma. The taste was pretty lighter than café latte, and more like English tea with milk. But it was definitely new, which I’ve never tasted. The latte was slightly pre-sweated, and not too milky, and didn’t have much bitterness as cafe latte. I liked the hojicha latte. This will be my new alternative on Starbucks menu. After I drank all the latte, I noticed that the teabag was big, bigger than I expected. (In this picture, it doesn’t look big by a wide-angle lens of my camera, sorry) I want to know the recipe, and try it home.

7 comments:

  1. Did you ever figure out a recipe? I'm trying to recreate it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Danielle-san, I haven’t find out the recipe. I realized that I don’t have a tool to make the foamy milk at home, hahaha. I can at least try it with foam-less milk^^ If you get the recipe, will you let me know?

      Delete
    2. I know this is an old post, but I found it today reading houjicha recipes online. You can get a milk foam wand from the 100 yen shop :-)

      Delete
    3. The milk foam wand from the 100 yen shop sounds nice!! I've used a bamboo tea whisk.

      Delete
  2. Wow, thanks!! I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information has seemed been deleted.(^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great survey, I'm sure you're getting a great response.
    matcha wholesale

    ReplyDelete