Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Big tea store, Mikuniya-zengoro


This weekend we went a shopping mall in Gifu prefecture, called Kakamigahara Aeon. I found a big tea store, Mikuniya-zengoro, there. They have huge selections of English, Chinese and Japanese tea. They of course have standard types of Japanese tea from different regions, but also have some unique Japanese flavored teas, such as cherry green tea. I bought Yame-sencha from Fukuoka prefecture (90g 1050yne) and Uji-gyokuro from Kyoto (50g 1050yen). I’ll report you someday how the testes are like.









2 comments:

  1. I live in NSW and my sister in Japan gives me tea packages that she buys from Mikuniya. They are excellent. "Murasaki Shikibu (紫式部)" tea is the most popular item from the shop according to their own ratings at www.mikuniyazengoro.com. I tried one other kind, which was excellent, too. I want to try their Asatuyu (あさつゆ) which is said to be as good as Gyokuro grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
    valves manufacturer

    ReplyDelete