Friday, February 12, 2010

Genmaicha at Gusto

Yesterday, we went to a new casual restaurant in my town, called Gusto. They serve beverages in buffet style. At the drink bar, there are soda fountain, coffee & espresso maker, and many tea selections, which make me excited.

They had sencha, hojicha, genmaicha, some English teas, some Chinese teas, organic teas, beans tea, and some herbal teas. I wondered where to start!














What I had was genmaicha. Genmaicha is roasted brown rice blended green tea, which is not expensive type of tea. It is casual tea like hojicha. Do you see roasted brown rice with sencha in the picture? Little white staff is popped rice like popcorn.
















My genmaicha is the left one in the picture. The one in the middle is sencha and the right one is Oolong tea. Hiro put too much sencha leaves, so sencha was little too bitter (^_^;)












This is genmaicha. The color was peal brown and little muddy. I smelled nice roasted rice flavor, and noticed slight of sencha aroma behind it. This tea is a mixture of sencha and rice, so I think genmaicha has depth in the taste, and you will find a flavor of sencha and also roasted flavor like hojicha. I enjoyed the rich roasted flavor with this tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment