Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tea bowl for the summer

Good morning everyone! How are you today?

We used a flat tea bowl at yesterday’s lesson. This wide-topped and short silhouette tea bowl is often used in the summer. I think it is because it looks cooler, and also for real the tea gets cool easily with the large surface dimensions. The bowl on the left is the flat tea bowl we used yesterday. It looks thinner and smarter, doesn’t it? The other one is a tea bowl which is often appreciated in the winter. I think it’s more ponderous and rugged.




I really like the flat tea bowl we used. I loved the smart design; the roomy top, the streamlined bottom, and light thin body. The white and wide opening emphasized the green hue of matcha so well.

Have a good day!


1 comment:

  1. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.
    wholesale valves

    ReplyDelete