Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Flowers for tea

How are you doing everyone?

There is an alcove in a traditional Japanese room where art or flowers are displayed. Our master prepares different flowers for each lesson. She uses seasonal flowers from her back yard. She grows some flowers for tea at her yard. My master says there is no certain rule for the flowers for tea, but usually a modest flower arrangement is preferred in The Way of Tea.

These are the flowers from the past lessons.



I like the simple flower arranging. You can try it at home casually. You don’t have to buy a bunch of colorful flowers from a shop. You just pick flower from your back yard or roadsides. I like the way how the flower for tea is enjoyed. I think the flower for tea is not enjoyed only blooms but also vines and handsome-foliage. I guess the total balance of blooms, sprigs and vase are important. I have a small space in my hallway to put a vase. I always enjoy placing little green there. How about enjoying a simple flower at your home!

No comments:

Post a Comment